Innocuous World

Saturday, January 17, 2009

The UPCAT Experience

The UPCAT results were released early this morning. Actually, I thought it was going to be released tomorrow but I guess, UP suddenly changed their mind. :P I checked my result online and I swear! It took...awhile before I found out what my status is. Their site was pretty slow because a lot of people was checking it too. Some of my classmates even went to UP just so they could see it. As for me, I didn't go there because I didn't want to be a victim of a stampede. :)) LOL! I'm kidding. What I mean is that a lot of people must be in there and I just didn't want to add up to their number. XD

So after watching the play at school, I fired up my browser at home and checked UPCAT online. I clicked on letter 'F'. After reloading the page twice, a list of people's surname starting with 'F' appeared on the list. I scanned the page until I reach the page where my name was supposed to appear.

Apparently, it did not appear. And when your name does not appear, it means that you did not get in.

I did not feel hurt nor did I cry; although I have to admit that I got a bit disappointed with myself. But anyway, I did not ponder on it for too long. I was able to get over it quickly. I was like "okay, I didn't get in." I closed the website and I just opened my Plurk and Multiply accounts. It's just as if nothing happened.

I guess the reason why it was easy for me to accept that fact was because I knew all along that it was going to happen. So yea, I was not really surprised by it anymore. I just thought that maybe God has better plans for me that's why I didn't get in UP. Sounds cliche' but it actually makes sense. On the brighter side, at least I passed 2 out of the 3 college entrance exams that I took. I guess that's enough already and the most important thing is that my future is safe already. :) Besides, it's not the end of everything yet.

Anyway, I want to thank all of those people who gave me hope when I was feeling nervous about it. I may have not got in UP, but really, thanks for the encouragements. :) You guys know who you are. ^^

So, there goes my sharing for the night. Anyway, before I totally wrap it up, I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL WHO PASSED THE UPCAT! Cheers to all of the new Iskolar ng Bayan.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's good to hear you're okay.
ganyan talaga. He has plans for you.

January 18, 2009 at 3:08 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

Oo nga eh. Thanks Ate Ishy. :) Maybe what He has planned is something even better. :)

January 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM  
Blogger Steph said...

I felt the same way you did. got disappointed then forgot about it. HAHA, UP was not my dream school.. i dunno why.

Anyways, where will you studyyy?
Let us see each other before you graduate!

January 21, 2009 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

TEPAI! :)

Well, I might end up studying in my current Alma Mater: Miriam College. XD Di na kasi ako pinayagan sa UST. :(

Well, on the brighter side, kahit college na ako, magkatabi pa rin ang schools natin. :))

January 22, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home