Innocuous World

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Won't Mind. Just Let Me Know.

So, okay. I first learned about this site called Wattpad from an online buddy who also writes at Creative Corner at Teentalk. Creative Corner is a board where teentalkers post their stories that are originally written by themselves. Earlier this afternoon, I read from my friend's story thread that her story was published at Wattpad without her permission; although her username was retained there for acknowledgement. She said that she's not mad at that person but it would have been better if he/she asked her permission first.



When I searched Wattpad, I saw other Creative Corner stories posted there. I don't know if they were posted with the consent of the author too. I got pretty surprised that one of my stories was also posted there. (Click on the pictures above for a clearer view). I'm not angry at that person for doing that. I won't really mind. However, asking for my consent first wouldn't really hurt, right? I mean, if she was a teentalker, she could have given me a notice through a private message.

I know I'm not a professional writer but I still have the rights for my own work, right? Well, I'm really thankful that at least she didn't remove my username. :)

I may not have the best story written but really, asking for a person's permission is very important. It's like asking one's permission when you borrow his/her stuff.

Anyway, to summarize it, I won't mind if my online written works are posted elsewhere as long as:

1. I am credited for it

and

2. It has my consent. =)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jimel said...

That was really freaky. Consent is really a big issue about this.

June 4, 2009 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Lis said...

Yes. Maybe we should talk to the people who posted not only our stories but also other stories from Teentalk that were posted w/o the author's consent. Hmm...

June 4, 2009 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kakatakot naman yan. I hope sa mga nagbabalak na gumawa niyan eh humingi sila ng consent.

June 14, 2009 at 2:20 AM  
Blogger Lis said...

Haha. Kaya nga eh. Online world pa naman ito so kahit sino, pwedeng umangkin. :o

June 14, 2009 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger Steph said...

Andun din yung story mo. Ooh, baka may isang teentalker nga na nagupload ng lahat ng story dun.. That's not me! WAHAHHAHHA =))

June 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM  
Blogger Lis said...

Oo nga eh. Haha. Have you checked the site? Ang dami talaga. Haha. Pati ung kay Kuya Jimel nandun.

June 15, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home